community Category: Pregnancy and Birth
The Arbour Birth Center is a home-like facility located in Calgary, Alberta specifically designed & equipped as a safe and comfortable place for women & their families to give birth when attended by their registered midwife.
The birth center provides a space for care that is mother- and family-centred, where pregnancy and birth are considered normal processes- not illnesses. With 3 suites Arbour Birth Center is equipped for over 30 births a month.
Women may desire to give birth at the Birth Center for a variety of reasons, including:
- Wanting an out-of-hospital birth, but the home is not a viable option (too far from hospital; not set up in a desirable way; not comfortable for the mother)
- Being able to immerse in water for labour and if desired to give birth in water and be assured of a continuous supply of hot water
- Privacy issues with home living arrangements (family or roommates)
- To be in a location where the mother is the centre of the attention and not feel obliged to care for others while in labour
- To be free to choose support people, who and how many she desires
- to have nitrous oxide (laughing gas) as an option for pain management
- As a compromise between hospital and home
* Mothers must be in the care of a registered midwife in order to book and use the Arbour Birth Center *
In person tours are available. Virtual tours will continue to be available.
Appointments may be made by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 403-284-5950.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Get Directions: Get DirectionsOn Cherry Tree Lane, we believe in PLAY, creativity and always learning! Cherry Tree Lane was born from a love of imagination and passion for play. With roots in education and child development, Cherry Tree Lane knows how important developing a rich imagination is. We focus on promoting play, and encouraging children (and adults alike!) to have fun and make Read more...
Get Directions: Get DirectionsThe Pregnancy & Infant Loss Support Centre is a non-profit registered charity that helps families connect to support on their path to healing after pregnancy or infant loss. Families just like yours can work with us and get support from our team with a variety of services that address each stage of the loss journey. How We Can Help: Read more...
Get Directions: Get DirectionsCobblestone Health is the ‘business baby’ of Judith Cobb. It was born in 1981. From the very beginning, Judith’s motto has been “I’m not the healer. You are. I’m the teacher.” While Judith works with many health issues and clients of all ages, her passion is working with pregnancy (including difficult pregnancy), infertility, PCOS, Type 2 Diabetes in women, and Read more...
Get Directions: Get DirectionsI feel grateful you have connected with Jade Tree Healing. I’m Jadine. I am a free spirited Canadian woman moving through life at the beat of my hearts desire. I have spent my early adulthood traveling around the world. I always say YES to and adventure, I am a deep conversationalist and my intuition is my super power! The classes and connections I Read more...
Get Directions: Get DirectionsTHE CALGARY BABY & TOT SHOW FOR BUMP, BABY & BEYOND! The Calgary Baby and Tot Show is a premier parenting event designed to bring everything you need under one roof. Featuring local and national exhibitors showcasing the latest in services, products, apparel, and toys. Assisting parents and caregivers every step of the way. Join industry experts as they discuss Read more...